Sunday, May 11, 2008

Love that sugar!

Chris just asked me to follow him to the kitchen for inspiration.
Wha??
(I followed him & he points to the floor.)
"See anything?"
(I have no idea what I'm looking for)
"Ummm, no?"
"You don't see anyting unusual?"
"Just the floor, desperately needing to be swept as usual."
"Look in that corner."
(I look.)
"Ewwwwwww!!"
(The corner was occupied by several busy lil ants, happily eating from a piece of golden crisp cerial that had been sitting there for who knows how long.) (Shhh, don't tell)
"Sugar ants."
"yup."
(Sigh)
"I know what I'm doing tomorrow...Urgh!"
(I hate sweeping & mopping...I'd rather clean the toilet. Yes, I know it doesn't make sense...what can I say, I'm a tad strange.)

I did kill all the ants I could find & got the, um, bait off the floor. FYI, window cleaner kills sugar ants almost instantly. I guess
this guy was right after all!

Moral of the story...Chris should sweep & mop more often. Hahahaha!!
(Seriously though, he is the sweeper/mopper around here...like I said, I'd rather clean the toilet...even with 3 boys 2 boys and a husband using it.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I never get tired of that movie--never!

I hate sweeping at our house because we have pine floors with gaps between the boards. Home builder says it's normal and supposed to be that way. We think it looks stupid and everything falls into the crevices. And yes, it's in the kitchen, too. We're putting in bamboo--not soon enough, though. Oh, and the floor, when the dog eats poop and then vomits... how am I supposed to clean it out of the crevices? How?

Sorry, that was really gross, but you have kids, so I'm guessing maybe, just maybe you can outdo that story. =)

Rebekah said...

I had a bad case of ants a few years ago. We had a fire place and carried in wood all the time. I ended up callin an exterminator.

Last week Chuck and I saw a few ants crawling along the laudry room floor. We no longer have a fire place so I can't blame it on the wood. Hmmm, I guess I will have to start sweeping every day

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr