Thursday, March 6, 2008

Our house

The moment you've all been waiting for...my next list! (thunderous applause)
HA!

Projects needed on our 100+ year old house
1. All new windows (including slider door & side doors)
2. Front porch & steps torn out & replaced
3. Fence the yard
4. Tear down & replace original brick
5. Install stove insert to replace fireplace
6. New wiring
7. New flooring downstairs
8. Restore original flooring upstairs
9. Repair plaster on staircase wall

Desired/dream remodels & projects
1. Paint & decorate all downstairs rooms
2. Convert extra bedroom upstairs to a bathroom
3. Tear out & replace (very badly done) enclosed back porch
4. Convert back porch to laundry room/pantry
5. Extend downstairs bath into old laundry area - install tub, new shower stall, toilet & sink/vanity
6. Add banister to front porch & railings for steps - add porch swing


I think that's it. At least that's all I can think of for now. We lovingly refer to this place as our lifetime project...which we hope it will be. I love it because of all it's possibilities & I hate it cos we'll be working on it forever!! It really is a wonderful house & we hope to be here for a long time. I'll include a very good pic taken by my Dad...he's our family photographer & a dang good one.



It's the red house - you can't really see it all, it's partly shaded by the tree. The spire you see is our town's beautiful Catholic church, we have a great view of the steeple from a window in our living room. I posted another pictue of it here, with Sam in the foreground - you can kind of see Eli in the upper left on the lawn.

~~~~~~~~~~

Update on Sam's lying/sneaking issue. He's gotten much better. I started giving him snacks with more protein & it's seemed to make a difference. I guess the poor guy was just starving...he had bad leg pains the week before so it's my bad I spoze. Now if I could just keep them from fighting...yeah right!

Have a wonderful day y'all!


2 comments:

Kalynne Pudner said...

What a terrific idea!! I make lists like this all the time, then can't seem to locate them when our handyman comes over. Brilliant, Alane -- put it on the blog!

This view of your house is breathtaking. Is that church within walking distance? Lovely!

Mari said...

What a great picture! I love the clouds and the church steeple in the background. Your house is great - older houses have such character!

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr