Thursday, March 13, 2008

always have, always will

This song always strikes me when I hear it. I guess I just identify with it so much. Tried to find a video out there in web-land but it's an oldie so I guess I'm outa luck there.

always have, always will - Avalon

Part of me is the prodigal
Part of me is the other brother
But I think the heart of me
Is somewhere between them
Some days I'm running wild
Some days we're reconciled
But I wonder all the while
Why you put up with me, when
I wrestle most days
To find ways to do as I please
I always have, I always will
you saved me once, You save me still
My longing heart, Your love alone can fill
You always have, always will
I was born with a wayward heart
Still I live with a restless spirit
My soul is so well worn
You'd think I'd have arrived by now
I'm caught in the trappings of
My search for lasting love
I've made mistakes enough
To last me a lifetime
I still slip, I still fall
But I'll always run back to You
I always have, I always will
you saved me once, You save me still
My longing heart, Your love alone can fill
You always have, always will
I'm gonna keep trusting You
I see what You've seen me through
I'm goin' where You have gone
I'm letting you lead me on
All my days...always and forever
Never far...never leave me never
Here I'll stay...ever love me ever
Here's my heart
I'll always love you
I always have, I always will
you saved me once, You save me still
My longing heart, Your love alone can fill
You always have, always will


Like I said I just identify with this. I'm always running back & forth trying to do it on my own & then running back to Him when I fall. And I always fall (lol) and He is ALWAYS there to catch me & set me on my feet again. I do get spanked from time to time. Ok ok, I'll be honest, yes I get spanked often. Are you happy now? Geez!

So do you identify with this song? If so how? Got any stories of getting spanked? I'd love to hear them...maybe you could blog about it & I'll link to you.

I'm all about being honest & admitting when I've screwed up or fallen on my big behind. Lately I have not been getting up to read my bible & pray. Chris & I read a chapter every night & pray before we go to sleep but that's no substitute for time alone in the Word. And guess what? I've been having lots of bad days - go figure! But do I get up the next day? Nope.

Another biggie of mine is not realizing that my kids are a blessing. Easy enough to say but on those bad days (and we have previously established that I've had a few of those) it's very hard to do. Why do I put myself first? Why do I tell them that I'm busy when it would only take a little more time to involve them in whatever I'm doing? Why do they make me so mad when they are just being kids? You can see my pattern.

So...wanna share?

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I can relate. I am a do-it-myself person with little patience.

I love the lyrics, I am going to try to find it on iTunes right now

Unknown said...

Yes, I too am guilty of falling short in my daily quiet times and Bible reading and then when things start getting all out of whack and I start asking God "why is this happening again and where are you?" I always feel an immediate answer..."I'm right here where I've always been - I'VE never left." You would think we'd learn wouldn't ya?!

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr