Monday, January 28, 2008

The seat and some dishes

Why is it that boys cannot hit the bowl?
I mean, it's not that small a target is it? But every time I forget to check I end up with a wet bum. It's funny when Chris complains about it. "Why do I always have to sit on a wet seat?" he says. HA - you hardly ever have to sit so I don't want to hear it. I either get a wet butt or go ker-Plunk in the night, girrr. Who taught them how to aim anyway...gee could it be their daddy? Oh goody I get to blame him again mwahahahaha!

~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of the man of the house...
While I was sick over the weekend, he assured me that he would do all the dishes. This was, of course, after they had all been piled in the sink & all over the counter. To eat my Campbell's chicken soup (THE ultimate sick food), I had to use a Pyrex measuring bowl.
Anyway, Saturday night he clears them all out & starts a load. Still have dishes everywhere but it's a start. Sunday AM he does another load. Okay we're getting somewhere now...we'll see if he finishes.
Nope! Sunday evening he proudly announces to me "see babe, I got all the dishes done. All that's left are the big pots, I even unloaded the dishwasher for you!" Hold it there buster, all that are left? Wouldn't that mean that you are not, in fact done?
Like the good passive aggressive wife that I am I smiled sweetly and thanked him. Then went into the kitchen to do the rest of his dishes with much loud banging & growling.
This is something that happens every time I'm sick. I'm a perfectionist. It drives me nuts when someone declares a job done when it is not actually done. I know, I need to loosen up & be thankful that he helps me at all but I just haven't been able to get my brain around that yet.
In my heart of hearts I would love to be the wonderful homemaker who just sails through everything with a smile & smothers her husband with respect bla bla bla. But I'm not. I'm the grumpy, say nothing is wrong then seethe & make nasty comments when he's not listening kind of wife. Pray for the poor guy will ya?

1 comments:

Mari said...

I can relate to this. I too say thank you and no more, but I am grumbling inside. I know I should just ask, because he would do it. The sad thing is, I've been married 26 years and I still act this way!

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr